Resource Development Manager
Company: United Way of the Big Bend
Contact Person: [email protected]
Application Deadline: July 28, 2017
Who we are:
United Way of the Big Bend (UWBB) serves eight counties in the Big Bend and is the philanthropic backbone for our eight county footprint. With the support of 38 agency partners and community impact initiatives, we lead the communities we serve by uniting individuals, nonprofits, businesses and government agencies with research-based work that ensures resources are invested properly, so that everyone has access to the promise of a quality life.
Who we want:
The Resource Development (RD) Manager is critical to our organization in raising the money that makes fulfilling our mission possible. This individual leads the planning and coordination of all campaign special events, directly works with all of our Affinity Groups and Campaign Volunteers. The RD Manager is excited by challenges and working in a fast-paced environment. We are seeking an innovative and creative strategist who will develop and implement engaging campaign special events and volunteer engagement. The RD Manager is detail oriented in the planning and execution of all special events and enjoys engaging and working with volunteers.
Who you are:
• You enjoy cultivating relationships and seeking ways to engage volunteers focusing on donor-centric strategies to increase campaign revenue.
• You are an innovative, creative and strategic thinker who understands the importance of identifying new ways to engage volunteers and generate individual giving revenue.
• You are able to work collaboratively and independently.
• You seek ways to foster relationships and work collaboratively with others.
• You are excited by the opportunity to work with a diverse group of volunteers.
• You are completely comfortable independently engaging and working with volunteers to help execute UWBB’s fundraising strategy.
• You excel at multi-tasking and self-management: You are adept at knowing how to prioritize tasks and effectively manage your time to achieve goals.
• You have excellent customer service skills: While interacting with volunteers, donors and the public you have great listening skills, are patient, well-spoken and polite.
• You are flexible, fluid, and comfortable with a certain amount of ambiguity: You are willing and able to shift the focus of your work to address emerging needs.
• You have a passion for mission-based work and the Big Bend Region.
What you would be responsible for:
• Special Events
o Design and implement special events for donors, affinity groups, and annual campaign. Current Annual Donor events: Leadership, and Major Gifts/Tocqueville receptions. Current Annual Affinity Group events: Women United Leadership Breakfast, Dress Down and Dine. Annual campaign events include: Kickoff, leadership, major gifts/Tocqueville, and Finale.
o Develop an event strategy and collaborating with the RD team to ensure event success.
o Oversee and manage event budget.
• Affinity Groups (Women United, Young Leaders Society, Small Business Partnership)
o Serve as liaison and support for UWBB’s Affinity Groups.
o Develop and cultivate successful business/personal relationships with key employees, CEO’s, and community leaders to ensure engagement with our Affinity Groups.
o Develop and implement additional strategies to increase revenue for our annual campaign through Affinity Group events and engagement activities.
o Develop strategies to prospect, cultivate, solicit and grow Leadership givers through Affinity Group engagement.
• Resource Development Support
o Identify and secure grant support of Affinity Groups events and our annual campaign.
o Assist with campaign presentations as needed.
• Campaign Volunteers
o Coordinate and support management of Loaned Executives (LEs).
o Lead and collaborate with the RD team the training of the volunteer Campaign Leadership Team as well as working collaboratively to direct and coach the volunteers.
o Coordinate and support management of Employee Campaign Coordinators.
• This position reports to the Vice President of Resource Development.
Required Experience or Key Qualifications Include:
• Bachelor’s degree in applicable field required.
• 3-5 years’ experience in fund development, including demonstrated success in leadership giving.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Solid research skills and internet search skills
• Knowledge of the local philanthropic community.
• Ability to work with diverse staff and volunteers.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain positive and engaging relationships.
• Experience in a structured nonprofit development setting is preferred.
• Access to reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a valid driver’s license
• Not published (relocation expense not paid)
How to Apply
How to apply:
Application Deadline is Friday, July 28, 2017.
Please submit the following to [email protected]: 1) Cover letter: all candidates are required to develop a cover letter which provides qualifications, experiences and past successes in fundraising or sales. The letter must also explain how your qualifications fully intersect with UWBB’s needs for this position. 2) Resume/CV 3) Compensation requirements. All three attachments must be received. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to anticipated volume of applications, only principal, qualified candidates will receive a response. We ask that no phone calls be placed to United Way of the Big Bend.
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, July 19, 2017