We are thrilled to recognize our professional peers and their outstanding work through the FPRA Capital Chapter Excellence in Communications Awards.
We are currently accepting nominations until Friday, March 22 at 3 p.m. ET, for the following awards and recognitions:
These awards will be presented to an individual in the community, member or non-member, who meets the qualifications. Nominators are not required to be Capital Chapter members.
FPRA’s Allied Industry Partner of the Year
- Tallahassee is full of local businesses that are always willing to go above and beyond to help our community of communications professionals! Nominate your favorite industry partner here.
Solo Practitioner Star
- The Capital Chapter is proud to have many members who have successfully struck out on their own and thrive on helping others do the same! Help us recognize this group by nominating a solo practitioner here.
Public Sector Professional Award
- This award will go to a communications professional working in the public sector whose work has made a strong impact on the state or local community. Nominate here.
Excellence in Nonprofit Communications
- We want to celebrate a nonprofit employee who has demonstrated excellence in crafting impactful strategies that have furthered their mission. Nominate a candidate for this award here.
- Good leaders are self-aware, communicate effectively, encourage strategic thinking, and motivate their team to do their very best. Does your boss come to mind? Nominate them for the Team’s Tribute award here.
Intern of the Year
- This award will be presented to a PR student who has demonstrated exceptional performance, professional growth, and a dedication to improving their marketing and communications skills throughout the internship. To be eligible for this award, the student must have interned at the organization sometime between May 2023 to March 2024 – and must be enrolled in a public relations, marketing, communications or similar degree field. Nominate your intern here.
Creative Professional of the Year
- We are proud to have a membership that includes not just PR professionals, but many talented individuals in the creative industry. Nominate your favorite web/graphic designer, photographer, videographer, etc. here.
Rising Star (0-3 years in the industry)
- Do you have an outstanding young professional or new grad who recently joined your team? We want to celebrate our rising stars that have been working in the industry for less than 3 years. Nominate a young professional here.
Communicator of the Year
- This award goes to an individual in the communications field in the Big Bend area who uses their position to enhance community causes, advance the field of public relations and uphold the ethical standards that represent the Capital Chapter. Nominate a candidate for the 2024 Communicator of the Year award.
The following awards will be presented to a member of the FPRA Capital Chapter who meets the qualifications. Nominators are required to be Capital Chapter members.
Member and New Member of the Year
The purpose of these awards is to recognize a member of the Capital Chapter for their outstanding contributions to the Chapter and the field of public relations.
Criteria for Member and New Member of the Year:
- Must be a Chapter member in good standing.
- Must have made outstanding and long-lasting contributions to FPRA and to the public relations profession in ways other than as an FPRA or Chapter officer this year.
Stanley Tait Professional Award for Service
The Stanley Tait Professional Award for Service to the Capital Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association is the highest and most prestigious award of our chapter. This award honors the spirit, professionalism and leadership of Stanley Tait, an award-winning counselor and mentor to many within the chapter.
This award, presented annually, recognizes a member of the Capital Chapter for their outstanding contribution to the chapter and the field of public relations.
Criteria for the Stanley Tait Award:
- Candidates must be a Chapter member in good standing.
- Candidates must be an FPRA member for a minimum of seven years.
- Candidates must have made outstanding and long-lasting contributions to FPRA and to the public relations profession in ways other than as an FPRA or Chapter board member.
Any questions? Contact Director of Awards and Recognition Caroline Benson at [email protected].