Company: Florida Department of Health
Contact Person: Ann Rowe
Application Deadline: March 13, 2015
The budget consultant position is vital for direction of the functional oversight and management of financial operations, in support of preparedness planning and training consultants in the Office of Communications. This includes the areas of budget, finance and accounting, grant management, procurement protocol, travel arrangements and reimbursement, logistical support for public information officer training, disaster response, and other functions.
- Two or more years of budget and administrative or clerical experience
- Knowledge of administrative principles and practices. Knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of the methods of data collection.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective communication.
- Ability to collect, evaluate and analyze data related to administrative functions such as accounting, purchasing or report writing.
- Ability to prepare correspondence and administrative reports.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Generate requisitions in for procurement and provide all required federal grant deliverable reports.
- Process budget revisions, produce quarterly spending forecasts, monthly spending plan, financial reports, preparing and submitting invoices and supporting documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining budget related to federal grant.
- Plan and coordinate all travel and provide logistical support related to grant deliverables.
- Serve on DOH finance response team during emergencies.
How to Apply
Candidates for consideration may send their resume and qualifications to Ann Rowe, Lead Crisis and Risk Communications Coordinator at [email protected] or the following address. All resumes must be received on/before Close of Business Friday, March 13, 2015.
Florida Department of Health
Attn: Ann Rowe, Office Of Communications
4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin A04
Tallahassee, FL 32399
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, March 11, 2015