Building a Soccer Brand in a Football Town
- Location: Institute for Nonprofit Innovation and Excellence (INIE)
- Address: 300 W Pensacola St #3, Tallahassee, FL 32301
- RSVP Deadline: March 22
What does it take to build a brand from the ground up? Join us on Thursday, March 24 where the team behind the creation of the Tallahassee Soccer Club’s brand will teach us what it takes to take an idea from concept to reality.
Key takeaways for the program to include:
- The methods and tools used to create a brand.
- How to build brand recognition.
- Best practices for all elements working together (i.e. design, marketing, media relations and community relations).
Our guest speakers for the event will be:
- Giavona “G” Williams is the owner of Grova Creative and has worked on national and regional brands such as Pilot Pens, World of Beer, Cooper Tires, Urban Plates, Dollywood and the Cayman Islands. G’s award-winning work has covered everything from print, T.V., radio, digital and social. She recently received the “RockStar Award” at the 2021 Women Who Mean Business Awards. She is a U.S. Navy veteran and earned her B.A. in graphic design from the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University.
- Chris Petley is the founder and president of the Tallahassee Soccer Club and currently is the communications coordinator for the Leon County School District. He has a wealth of communications experience that includes political campaigns, working with nonprofits and the public sector. Chris is a graduate of the University of Florida.
- Raquel Simon-Petley is the Director of Advocacy and Strategic Planning for Feeding Florida, the statewide network of Feeding America food banks. She has experience in program management, client relations, public relations, advertising, event planning, campaign coordination (client-based and political), membership management, and advocacy and has worked for agencies, nonprofits and political campaigns. Raquel is a graduate of The Florida State University.
Program/Lunch Price: $30 members, $40 non-members, $20 students
11:30 to noon: Check-in, mingling, lunch
12-1 p.m.: Program