Crisis Communication: Lessons from The Aurora Theater Shooting
- Location: The FSU Alumni Center
- Address: 1030 W. Tennessee Street, Tallahassee, FL 32304
- RSVP Deadline: Please RSVP by noon on July 15, 2013.
Join the Capital Chapter for a riveting presentation on the Anatomy of a Crisis and the Impact of Social Media: Lessons from The Aurora Theater Shooting.
Speaker Tracy Weise was the lead media relations consultant for The Medical Center of Aurora during the Century 16 Theater shooting in July 2012. Ms. Weise’s presentation is based on photography taken during the crisis and the stories those photos tell. Her candid and emotional presentation addresses the challenges a public relations team face during a crisis and the role an agency owner, as a communications counselor, can play in a corporate crisis.
At the end of this sessions attendees will understand:
1. Social media’s new and unexpected impact on crisis communications and tips on managing social media.
2. New tactics to effectively manage media & other audiences during a crisis.
3. Strategies to include in crisis planning and program execution.
Mark your calendars for this remarkable and emotional presentation.
Add calendar event to:
Google » iCal » Outlook »