Senior Account Executive
Company: Sachs Media Group
Contact Person: [email protected]
Application Deadline: February 29, 2020
Sachs Media Group, a leading, award-winning strategic communications firm based in Florida, is seeking savvy and skilled Senior Account Executives to join our team in Tallahassee and Fort Lauderdale. Named Agency of the Year by PR News and three-time winner of FPRA’s prestigious Dick Pope Award for the best statewide public relations campaign, Sachs Media Group serves a wide range of clients in a diverse array of sectors including healthcare, corporate, education, professional services, nonprofit, and associations.
As a Senior Account Executive, you will be part of a smart and dynamic team supporting multiple accounts tasked from developing high-level strategies for clients to driving full implementation and execution to achieve results.
You are a professional with PR agency, corporate, or nonprofit experience. You are looking to grow professionally, and you have solid communications skills – you can write, you can pitch, you can think strategically – and you’re a team player.
• Help create and execute communications plans and strategies aligned to the client’s strategic business plans
• Manage multiple client accounts with a positive attitude
• Develop news angles, stories, and pitches for assigned clients; draft media releases, op-eds, FAQs, messaging docs, bios, fact sheets, pitches, talking points, agendas, presentations, and more
• Create and maintain media lists and editorial calendars, and develop strong relationships with reporters/editors
• With minimal supervision, coordinate and execute assignments and projects, meeting timelines and deadlines to ensure goals are achieved and clients are satisfied
• Track work to meet deadlines and ensure proper billing as work is completed
• Support Agency leadership on select initiatives to promote the firm
• Ensure a high standard of excellence in all work produced
• Effectively present, sell and defend all agency work proposals to clients
• Remain current on trends in public relations and communications
Experience and Qualifications:
• BA or BS in public relations, journalism, communications, political science or related field of study
• A minimum of 5 years of communications experience in an agency, corporate or nonprofit PR setting
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally and exhibit strong organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent writing skills, with strong attention to detail
• Ability to show time management skills and handle a high-volume workload
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite Software applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Proficient with managing media monitoring services and cloud-based tools like Muck Rack, Mention, TVEyes and others
• AP Style editing/writing preferred
• A proven understanding of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Health and dental insurance
• Paid time off
• Professional development assistance
• 401K Match
• Recognition programs
• Work from home opportunities
• Extremely supportive, nurturing environment with many opportunities for professional development and growth
Sachs Media Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to Lisa Garcia, Partner/COO.
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, February 12, 2020