Public Relations Intern
Company: VISIT FLORIDA
Contact Person: VISIT FLORIDA PR Team
Application Deadline: October 22, 2019
VISIT FLORIDA®, the Official Tourism Marketing Corporation for the State of Florida, is seeking a public relations intern for the fall 2019 semester. Build your portfolio while working on both national and international media and influencer campaigns with an enthusiastic, cutting-edge PR team.
- Assisting in the coordination of media events, such as missions, receptions and press trips.
- Reporting on earned media results using Salesforce CRM platform.
- Assisting the media with story ideas covering the state of Florida.
- Assisting with vetting of social media influencers, bloggers and traditional journalists.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with VISIT FLORIDA’s Partners across the state.
- Writing and editing press releases and talking points.
- Learning the latest PR tactics and strategies from seasoned professionals.
- Learning how to work with media and agencies in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Brazil, Mexico, Germany and China markets.
- Drafting and sending digital marketing emails to VISIT FLORIDA Partners.
- Creating press trip itineraries for media.
- Experience with AP Style.
- Basic knowledge of graphic design.
- Experience with collaborating with a team.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
A stipend will be paid upon successful completion of the internship.
Internship can be used for class or graduation credit.
- 20 hours per week.
- Must be able to commute to Tallahassee-based headquarters.
- Coursework or experience in public relations, journalism or a related field.
- Must be a full-time student.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and two writing samples to [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, July 22, 2019