Company: Department of Business and Professional Regulation
Contact Person: Chelsea Eagle
Application Deadline: January 8, 2016
- Serves as agency spokesperson as assigned by Communications Director; Manages overall media relations activities for the Office of Communications in tracking and responding to media inquiries.
- Assists in the development of public relations strategy; proactively searches for media opportunities and coordinates agency publicity activities; Writes press releases, media advisories and other content for media outreach.
- Manages department external affairs and outreach initiatives as necessary; Coordinates events for the secretary; Writes speeches; Produces weekly external newsletters.
- Manages internal communications, editing and securing approval for all content prior to publishing; Aids in the development of internal communications programs to achieve the department’s internal goals with employees.
- Provides assistance in creating and sending reports as necessary, both internally and externally.
- Handles public records requests from members of the media.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field. Applicant should be an outgoing and well-spoken individual with good writing skills.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and two writing samples to [email protected] Please include “Press Secretary” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, December 10, 2015