Operations and Development Director
Company: The Village Square
Contact Person: Liz Joyner
Application Deadline: August 11, 2017
See the full job description here: http://tlh.villagesquare.us/blog/operations/
This position is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic leader to be an integral part of The Village Square mission as we are poised to reach the next level as a national model for community-based civil discourse. We are seeking a candidate with a passion for civic engagement and a genuine desire to narrow the partisan divide. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, energetic, excited to share the organization’s mission, have proven fundraising ability and nonprofit Board management experience, and have a vision for the future of the organization. Self-motivation and accountability – with a natural internal drive to excel – are key attributes as this position will work remotely. Reliable transportation and the ability to attend Village Square events and meetings during evening hours is required. Position reports to the Executive Director.
• Approachable, collaborative and transparent professional style;
• Record of success with non-profit organizations and their Boards;
• Knowledge of the complex issues involving civic engagement and civility;
• Ability to interact professionally with Board members, staff, and program participants of diverse backgrounds and perspectives;
• Demonstrated successful record of resource development including annual giving, business sponsorship, grant writing, and grant management;
• Proven strong public speaking, writing, and communications skills;
• Demonstrated history of effective collaboration and broad community involvement;
• Experience with financial management;
• Self-directed individual who can manage many competing priorities while upholding the vision for the organization;
• Flexible problem solver skilled at striking the balance between innovation and continuity;
• Bachelor’s degree and/or commensurate work experience in relevant field required.
How to Apply
Send a résumé and cover letter via e-mail to: Liz Joyner, Executive Director, [email protected]. To receive priority consideration, applications must be submitted by August 11.
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, July 28, 2017