Marketing Project Manager
Company: Florida Institute of CPAs
Contact Person: Cyndi Dotson, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Application Deadline: September 16, 2016
Provides marketing project management and oversight of strategies and tactical execution.Facilitates collaborative project work flow of the marketing team and with all project stakeholders. Project Manager is personally responsible for timely delivery of specific project (or project component) tactics.
Supervises and coordinates the activities of employees engaged in development and distribution of marketing campaign concepts and tactics – including copywriting, social media and external public relations. Works hand-in-hand with editorial/publication staff and graphic designers to execute integrative marketing strategies supporting a diverse array of Institute programs and services.
Coordinates with the publications and graphic design creative groups to develop and execute integrated marketing strategies. Called upon to bring new perspectives that will improve strategic thinking and execution. Identifies and implements appropriate assessment tools and methods to better target, influence and engage key customer groups online, in person and in print.
Reports to: Director of Communications and Strategic Marketing
Supervises: Marketing Creative Manager/Digital Marketing Manager and Creative Multimedia Manager
Essential Job Functions
Project Management (40%)
- Assist the Director of Communications and Marketing with scheduling and estimating time and labor for completion of jpb assignments.Assist the Director of Communications and Marketing with interpreting jobs orders to employees and assign duties.Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring and tracking work activities. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet deadlines; completes own projects as workflow demands.
- Supervises and coordinates daily activities of two employees engaged in development and distribution of marketing campaign concepts and tactics – including copy writing, social media and external public relations.
- Recommends measures to improve methods, performance and quality of service. Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists employees in solving work problems. Must develop productive working relationships with other institute staff and work closely with key internal stakeholders – other components of the organization – including but not limited to technology/web services, continuing professional education, membership, governmental affairs, Educational Foundation, accounting careers and financial literacy services; to understand, anticipate and fulfill marketing service needs for each.
- Assists with identifying and implementing appropriate assessment tools and methodology the organization should use to better target, influence and engage key customer groups to achieve its mission. This may include creating materials uniquely crafted for online and print CPA audiences; developing interactive media and video; creating public service announcements and news releases to influence general public perceptions. Serve as liaison between marketing and web-development teams.
Content Development (30%)
- Work with the Creative/Multimedia Manager and Designer to create art concepts for projects from the various departments in FICPA, including CPE, Membership and Administration.
- Develop content for print projects, including brochures and postcards.
- Edit content form other departments and information produced by the Digital Marketing Manager
- Develop content for electronic formats include webpages, powerpoints and apps.
- Assist the Digital Marketing Manager in developing content for other digital formats including emails and social media posts.
- The Marketing Project Manager will be the backup to the Digital Marketing Manager in the email and social media areas.
Issue Monitoring (10%)
- Monitors news clips, newspapers, relevant websites,online communities, accounting and mainstream news sources and other information sources for latest news on accounting-related issues for inclusion in FCT, on FICPA website, in the NewsFlash, the Institute’s electronic newsletter and other electronic communication channels.
Individual Marketing Projects Execution (15%):
- The project manager shall be responsible for executing fine details of his/her own marketing projects, and/or components of projects, as assigned and/or as needed. In this capacity, the project manager could be writing copy and/or news releases, developing taglines and themes, preparing social media or e-communications, proof reading, etc.
Special Projects and other duties as assigned (5%)
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, management, or related field. Minimum of four years of professional experience experience in commercial marketing and campaign-development; minimum of two years previous supervisory experience required Familiarity with multiple media platforms (print, digital, social, events, public relations) and experience in developing integrated platforms. Project management experience required. Ability to understand interpret, plan and execute effectively to overcome technically complex product challenges and directives. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Must be familiar with full spectrum of marketing mix elements and media opportunities. Outstanding communication, time-management, and editing/proofreading skills; keen attention to detail; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as a member of a fast-paced, driven marketing team.
Must be able to prioritize projects, work within short time frames and meet multiple schedule deadlines. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other applications commonly used in business environments, including PowerPoint presentation software required. Possession of a State of Florida Class E Driver’s License is required at the time of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Major emphasis on project management and collaborative communication skills; effective writing and electronic communications knowledge. General marketing, communication, journalism and public relations principles including AP Style and copyright laws. Knowledge of CAN SPAM and similar regulations helpful. Must be familiar with business ethics and common policies, writing for the Web. Basic knowledge of HTML and graphic design principles desired but not required. Experience with Web blogging and/or online social networking concepts also a plus.
Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others. Ability to prioritize tasks efficiently; schedule projects and deadlines; perform under time constraints and pressures; perform multiple tasks; manage high level of detail and maintain effective organizational skills;
Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Persuasion – Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
Written Expression – Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing (advertorial and editorial copywriting); create original, compelling and innovative marketing messages consistent with FICPA branding and other business objectives.
Fluency of ideas – The ability to come up with a number of quality, accurate and creative ideas.
Flexibility and Adaptability – Accept creative critiques from others, rewriting and/or revising as needed. Adapt a professional, customer-oriented work approach; a willingness to learn and understand the needs of our members and stakeholders.
How to Apply
Please send resumes to [email protected].
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016