Marketing Communications Coordinator
Company: Florida Department of Children and Families
Contact Person: Jessica Sims
Application Deadline: January 30, 2017
The Florida Department of Children and Families is charged with a sacred mission to protect the vulnerable, promote strong and economically self-sufficient families, and advance personal and family recovery and resiliency. DCF’s Office of Communications is a professional team that represents the department and its mission to the public and the media around the state on a variety of issues and initiatives.
The Marketing Communications Coordinator is a highly-responsible position charged with interpreting the DCF mission to the public through multiple communications channels. This position is responsible for managing DCF’s digital media presence, including planning, developing, and posting content, as well as monitoring interactions. The Marketing Communications Coordinator also assists with prevention campaign development and outreach.
Additionally, the Marketing Communications Coordinator serves as the lead copy writer for the office of communications – researching and developing talking points for senior leadership, external documents, and digital media. Important researching and writing skills include synthesizing complex program information into clear and concise compositions that are engaging to the general public.
• Bachelor’s Degree in communications or public relations; or Bachelor’s degree and at least three years in communications-related field.
• Proficient in working in a fast-paced environment and functioning independently.
• Good oral and written communications skills, including exceptional writing technique.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and committed to communicating and perpetuating the DCF mission.
• Experience in managing social media outlets, especially Twitter and Facebook.
• Marketing experience highly preferred.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and two recent writing samples to DCF Communications Director Jessica Sims at [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, January 18, 2017