Intern - Bylined Writer / Researcher (unpaid)
Company: The Capitolist
Contact Person: Brian Burgess
Application Deadline: April 30, 2017
Looking for interns with strong writing and interpersonal skills to help produce politics and policy content at TheCapitolist.com. Our site provides news and analysis of Florida politics and statewide public policy.
Interns will learn the business side of a for-profit political and public policy news and analysis website, hone research and writing skills, and gain valuable insights on the inner workings of Florida’s capital and the people who work there, including public policy experts, government affairs professionals, political operatives, journalists and elected officials.
• Using The Capitolist’s written profile format, correspond with selected members of the Florida Legislature
• Gather and research background information provided by the selected Legislative Members
• Using Member-provided information and public sources, draft profiles of selected Members
• Your own byline can be used on the website for all completed / editor approved profiles
• Other writing / content creation projects as assigned
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send an email with a resume and writing samples to Brian Burgess at [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, February 6, 2017