Director of Marketing and Membership
Company: Florida Senior Living Association
Contact Person: Gail Matillo
Application Deadline: September 7, 2019
This is a highly professional position responsible for the association’s strategic marketing and communications efforts to increase visibility, public awareness, and the development of various communication campaigns, education materials, social media content, publications, advertising and membership materials.
This position will recruit new community and industry partner memberships and work with members on retention efforts. This position will work with vendors to promote their products through various exhibit and sponsorship opportunities for conference and various workshops.
This position will build a regional membership network and schedule consistent bi-monthly meetings in various locations around the state, work directly with the membership to highlight member activities in the newsletter and on social media, and participate on the Membership committee.
Specifically, the candidate will have:
– Excellent communication and writing skills;
– Knowledge of computer and software programs and technology;
– Experience in stakeholder/community engagement and development; and
– Clear and concise communication experience with team members, committees and boards of directors.
The person selected for this position will:
– Work with staff and outsourced firms to write press releases, editorials, media pitches, development of talking points and promoting the associations mission and goals, distribute bi-monthly newsletter;
– Cultivate relationships with members, prospects, exhibitors, sponsors and the media;
– Develop marketing materials;
– Update member database as necessary;
– Assist with membership recruitment and retention;
– Have the ability to prioritize work deadlines;
– Other duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
– Must be a team player — trustworthy, dependable, responsible and accountable.
– Flexible schedule based on workload.
– Some travel required.
– Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or event management;
– Three to five years of communications and/or marketing experience;
– Clearly demonstrated capacity for promotions and membership campaign development and the ability to develop cohesive communications strategies and measure results;
– Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships;
– Communicate in a professional manner with a variety of stakeholders;
– Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and time-management skills and the ability to maintain a team-focused attitude in a fast-paced environment;
– Exceptional writing and editorial skills required with demonstrated ability to write quickly and well on deadline;
– Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other key Microsoft Office and web-based products, membership database, online learning systems, video editing, constant contact and other marketing software, Adobe Photoshop, illustrator or similar graphics programs, website posting, and social media platforms;
– A flexible approach to work, with a willingness to travel, as needed, and participate in programs occurring after typical business hours;
– Ability to respond to member needs in a proficient and competent manner and an enthusiasm for the association’s role and purpose;
– Operate well under pressure, manage multiple projects and positively work in a team environment; and
– Self-starter who can work independently, organize and prioritize work, and produce results.
How to Apply
Contact Gail Matillo at [email protected] with a cover letter, resume and writing sample.
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, August 12, 2019