Company: Alzheimer's Association
Contact Person: Hannah Volz
Application Deadline: May 4, 2017
The Alzheimer’s Association, Central and North Florida Chapter, is seeking an unpaid college intern to assist with the planning and coordination of the 2017 Tallahassee Walk to End Alzheimer’s. The Walk to End Alzheimer’s is held annually in more than 600 communities nationwide and is the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support, and research.
The intern will assist the Assistant Director of Community Outreach in the following activities:
• Plan fundraising and Walk team recruitment events leading up to the Walk;
• Coordinate planning activities with the Walk Planning Committee;
• Raise awareness about Alzheimer’s through Tallahassee media and other marketing opportunities;
• Maintain relationships with past sponsors and team captains; and,
• Engage the Florida State University, Florida A&M University, and Tallahassee Community College campuses in Walk to End Alzheimer’s activities.
For more information about the Tallahassee Walk to End Alzheimer’s, please visit www.act.alz.org/tallahassee.
For more information about the Alzheimer’s Association, Central and North Florida Chapter please visit www.alz.org/cnfl.
The intern should be either a communications, business, or nonprofit management student in college. The length of the internship is concurrent with the college semester’s schedules.
Ideally, the intern will have basic skills in the following areas: marketing, events, communications, organizational, and public speaking.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] by 5:00 PM on Thursday, May 4, 2017.
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017