Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications
Company: Florida Healthy Kids Corporation
Contact Person: Laura M Kreps
Application Deadline: September 27, 2021
About FHKC: The Florida Healthy Kids Corporation (FHKC) is a private, nonprofit organization created to expand access to affordable, high quality health and dental insurance for Florida children. FHKC provides comprehensive health and dental insurance to more than 210,000 children from the age 5 through the end of age 18. To learn more about who we are, visit https://www.healthykids.org/.
About this Job: We are seeking a full-time professional to join our team! The role of the Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible is to advance marketing and internal/external communication strategies to continually elevate Florida KidCare/Florida Healthy Kids brand awareness, new enrollment, and retention.
Essential Job Functions:
• Confer with the Chief Marketing Officer and external marketing partners to assist in the development, deployment, monitoring, reporting and optimization of FHKC’s full suite of digital marketing and advertising assets, including social media. Lead FHKC’s efforts in recommending new and/or innovative solutions to further FHKC’s marketing and advertising objectives based on market trends and available budget. (30%)
• Monitor Community and Outreach Unit costs and lead budget reconciliation efforts in collaboration with the Community Engagement Advisor and accounting staff. (15%)
• Lead website content management and email marketing efforts, to include content creation and editing, template development, and scheduling/reporting. Consult with Operations staff as needed to ensure appropriate cross collaboration. (18%)
• Participate in contract management processes for marketing, advertising, and/or community outreach vendors, to include assisting the Community Engagement Advisor and Outreach Specialist with development of marketing-related contract deliverables, day-to-date project tracking, and related communications as needed to ensure appropriate contract oversight. (15%)
• Support media relations efforts and assist as needed with content creation and pitching/placement. Occasionally serve as on-the-record spokesperson if/when Executive Management is unavailable. (5%)
• Think strategically, innovate, and proactively collaborate with all staff to advance organizational goals, and perform other duties as assigned. (7%)
• Collaborate with the Operations Unit on customer communications strategy, messaging, and methods to maximize new enrollment and retention within current and prospective customer nurturing sequences; improve current customer sentiment through print and integrated marketing products and tactics; review health and dental plan marketing materials; and identify efficiencies in work processes and cross-collaboration across all messaging platforms, including the cell center and customer web portal. (10%)
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
• Three or more years of related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Master’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
• Three or more years of related experience at a marketing/communications firm or at a not-for-profit, government, or government-regulated organization.
• Experience in health care or health insurance marketing.
• Experience leading integrated, multi-channel B2C marketing programs, including seasonal and evergreen campaigns targeting niche audiences.
• Working knowledge of common graphic design applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
• Familiarity with AP style guidelines.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities)
• Self-starter with excellent creative and critical thinking skills.
• Working knowledge and experience in website content management systems.
• Digital-minded with a strong understanding of digital/social marketing platforms, marketing metrics, data and analytics, and creative approaches to campaigns.
• Excellent project management and analytical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, simplifying complex topics and explaining them clearly and concisely.
• Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships inside and outside the organization.
• Highly organized, with great attention to detail.
• Ability to synthesize complex data to create actionable, successful marketing strategies.
• Basic budget tracking knowledge.
• Ability to exercise appropriate discretion regarding confidential and sensitive information.
• Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License with acceptable driving record and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Location: Tallahassee, FL (in-person opportunity only)
Salary Range: $60,000 to $70,000 annually (commensurate with education and/or experience).
The corporation offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
• Health and life insurance
• Medical reimbursement
• 403(b) retirement plan
• Paid holiday, vacation and sick leave
• Disability insurance
• Training and career development
Florida Healthy Kids Corp. does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic with respect to recruitment, hiring, job assignment, compensation or other terms and conditions of employment. All decisions regarding employment are solely based upon an individual’s qualifications relative to the requirements of the position.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Applicant should review the complete Position Description and complete the FHKC Application for Employment found here (copy and paste in browser): https://floridahealthykids.sharepoint.com/:f:/s/partnerconnect/EnP3FzPbV6dIrgkyLGJV7iEB8pxGrvUhOOnnttIDDd7jAA?e=NHR64U
Email a completed application and resume to [email protected] by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, September 27, 2021, to be fully considered.
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, September 17, 2021