Company: Florida Association of Court Clerks and Compotrollers
Contact Person: FCCC Human Resources Department
Application Deadline: January 27, 2017
A statewide association is seeking to fill a Communications Manager position to support the coordination, management and implementation of the Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers internal and external communication efforts. This is a fast-paced work environment that requires flexibility and attention to detail.
Under the direction of the Chief Communications Officer, the Communications Manager’s primary purpose is to support the office through research, preparation, and distribution of various communications promoting the role and services of Florida’s Court Clerks and Comptroller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in the development and implementation of the FCCC’s communication strategies and tactics to inform the media, general public, and related stakeholders regarding FCCC, Clerk of Court and Comptroller offices and related topics and issues.
• Maintain FCCC brand standards and style guidelines across all communication platforms including print, digital, and broadcast.
• Independently compose original, style-specific content for use in press releases, media advisories, statements, talking points, fact sheets, reports, newsletters, and websites.
• Assist in planning FCCC and Clerk of Court events, press events, and media interviews.
• Manage and update electronic media coverage databases and media distribution lists.
• Respond to media inquiries and clerk requests providing accurate, concise and consistent information within a designated timeframe while adhering to procedural guidelines.
• Create, manage, and monitor social media content to enhance the FCCC’s digital brand.
• Maintain current knowledge of FCCC functions and activities, legislative priorities and current issues and topics.
• Utilize critical thinking skills on all projects and identify potential opportunities/partnerships to expand the association’s reach.
• Prioritize multiple projects and consistently meet required deadlines.
• Possess and utilize advanced office administration skills including consistent and accurate formatting of commonly used documents (spreadsheets, business letters, memos, etc.).
• Direct and manage the operation of Communication office; including calendaring, scheduling and travel arrangements.
Extended hours may occur, including weekends and evenings to cover Clerk events. This position will require occasional travel within the state of Florida.
Benefits and Compensation:
This position receives base salary plus benefits for an exempt position. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow and perform any other job-related instructions requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This position description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of essential job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.
Education and Experience Required:
A Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, English or related field and three years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the Court Clerks’ and Comptroller’s role and benefits to the public
• Knowledge of current communications practices.
• Awareness and utilization of modern media trends and developing channels
• Ability to work well with a variety of individuals, organizational levels, departments and organizations
• Demonstrated proficiency in written and oral communications within multiple formats and for various audiences
• Excellent writing, editing and strategic message development. (Advanced AP Style knowledge required).
• Ability to work within the full Office Suite
• Ability to work with advanced or specialized communications programs
• Ability to design and update websites and various social media platforms
• Ability to prioritize, perform several tasks concurrently and efficiently manage time
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities
• Ability to work independently and with groups
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
The position requires the ability to work with a personal computer and peripheral equipment in a Windows environment. Ability to use e-mail, the Internet, MS Word, and Excel is required.
Proficiency in digital communications and technology (Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud) is required.
How to Apply
Candidates should submit resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and at least two writing samples by 5:00pm Friday, January 27, 2017 [email protected].
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, January 5, 2017