Company: Career Source Florida
Contact Person: Victoria Heller
Application Deadline: November 30, 2021
The Communications Manager is responsible for executing priorities in the CareerSource Florida integrated communications plan and digital outreach strategy to raise awareness and increase use of the career and business services available to job seekers, workers and businesses through the CareerSource Florida network, and engage key stakeholders, including business, education and government leaders. This position supports the Communications and Board Relations Senior Director and collaborates with others to develop communications for internal and external audiences. The position manages the CareerSource Florida network brand by maintaining the CareerSource Florida Brand Portal and actively participating in the CareerSource Florida Communications Consortium of statewide workforce development partners to ensure adherence with brand standards, and ultimately deliver a clear and consistent message in all business and creative communications.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of five (5) years of professional or corporate communications, marketing or public relations experience.
• High-level proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and project/portfolio management.
• Expert writing, editing, proofreading and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with layout and design best practices.
• Experience and proficiency in digital outreach including website, email marketing and social media. Proficiency with email marketing software.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media.
• Demonstrated resource management experience in communications, marketing and/or public relations.
• Demonstrated creativity and innovation in the development of communications materials with a strong customer service focus.
• General knowledge of Florida government structure and Florida Sunshine Law, including meeting notice requirements.
• Proficient organizational, project management and time management skills, with the ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
• Collaborative team player.
EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related field.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Periodic standing and bending.
• Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times
How to Apply
Apply on our website https://careersourceflorida.com/about-us/employment-internships/
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021