Company: Volunteer Florida
Contact Person: Audra Peoples
Application Deadline: April 30, 2018
Volunteer Florida, the lead agency for volunteerism and service in Florida, seeks an intern to serve in the Communications Department. Must be able to serve 20 hours a week.
Summary of Position
Volunteer Florida seeks communications intern candidates who will assist with the agency’s social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social channels. The candidate should have an established social media presence. The intern will also work with VF staff on writing projects, media outreach, research, and event planning.
• Build, update and manage social media presence as directed
• Engage VF partners across Florida, including volunteers and community organizations
• Work with VF team to design graphics and visual content for website and social
• Provide writing support
• Assist with event planning and outreach
• Currently enrolled in Communications/Marketing/PR Bachelor’s program
• Ability to serve 20 hours a week
• Writing sample
How to Apply
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, March 26, 2018