Company: Florida Dept. of Economic Opportunity
Contact Person: Morgan McCord
Application Deadline: April 25, 2017
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity is seeking a Communications Coordinator to work with the Director of Communications and Press Secretary to keep the public informed of the agency’s mission, activities, programs, services and accomplishments. The successful candidate must have strong verbal and writing skills, along with social media management experience.
Specific job duties may include:
• Drafting, editing and distributing press releases, media advisories, statements, etc.;
• Creating content for the agency’s social media pages, engaging in responsive communication with the online community and reporting on social media activities;
• Coordinating with the Press Secretary to provide timely and accurate responses to media inquiries;
• Monitoring ongoing news trends, distributing relevant articles to senior staff and compiling daily press clippings;
• Drafting and editing the department’s internal communications, including the employee newsletter;
• Other administrative support tasks as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or related field;
• Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and minimum supervision;
• Entrepreneurial and collaborative attitude required;
• Strong interpersonal skills, discretion, poise and mature judgement;
• One year of public relations or public policy experience preferred.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and writing samples to [email protected].
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, April 10, 2017