Communications and External Affairs Intern - Spring 2022
Company: Florida Division of Emergency Management
Contact Person: Samantha Bequer
Application Deadline: December 31, 2021
• Produce social media reports tracking analytics across the Division’s social media platforms
• Draft press releases and social media posts as needed
• Coordinate with the Communications Coordinator to develop weekly social media plans
• Track media requests received by the Division
• Track speaking and other external events
• Serve as support staff in Emergency Support Function 14 when the State Emergency Operations Center is activated
• Assist with news media monitoring, distribution of reports and tracking of relevant articles
• Assist with the production of the Division’s external newsletter
• Take notes of the Governor’s and the Division’s press conferences
• Other duties as assigned
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Public Relations/Advertising, Journalism, Writing, or related fields.
• Must have prior experience working in a professional setting.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Publisher and PowerPoint
• Social media management and best practices
• Experience in drafting press releases, memos, letters, etc.
• Well-organized, able to work with multiple deadlines with little supervision
How to Apply
A complete application package must include:
– State of Florida Employment application (Found at floridadisaster.org/dem/directors-office/interns/)
– Cover letter
Submit all above materials by the application deadline to the FDEM Internship Coordinator via email at [email protected].
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, November 12, 2021