Account Coordinator (part-time)
Company: CoreMessage, Inc.
Contact Person: Brianna Shoaf
Application Deadline: August 31, 2017
CoreMessage is an award winning, full-service communications and public relations firm in Tallahassee. We are seeking an experienced part-time Account Coordinator to join our team. As an account coordinator at CoreMessage, you will gain hands-on PR experience in a fast-paced agency setting — responsibilities include creating and updating media lists, drafting press materials such as media advisories and press releases, pitching to members of the media, creating monthly social media content calendars, assisting with research projects and helping with other client work. Our account coordinators are also responsible for administrative tasks such as answering the phones, running errands, stocking office supplies, and sending out daily news clips. This is a paid position.
– College student pursuing a degree in communications or marketing (we’re open to English and Business or other majors as long as you can make a logical connection)
– At least one prior internship in public relations, social media, government or a related field
– Working understanding of public relations, marketing, politics and state government – or a strong interest in learning more
– Prior office experience
– Ability to work at least 15 hours per week for one full semester (preference given to those available for longer than one semester)
– Excellent writing skills and knowledge of AP Style
– Skilled in social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter
-Knowledge of design programs is a plus
– Strong initiative and willingness to learn
– Prior experience using Meltwater or other media database or willingness to learn
– Reliable transportation
How to Apply
Please email Brianna Shoaf at [email protected] with your resume and two writing samples.
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, July 25, 2017