Company: CoreMessage, Inc.
Contact Person: Sarah Revell
Application Deadline: January 22, 2016
CoreMessage, Inc., is an award-winning, Tallahassee-based firm offering full-service communications and public relations services to a diverse group of businesses and organizations throughout Florida.
CoreMessage is looking for a hard-working and motivated individual to join our team as an Account Coordinator. The Account Coordinator opening is a part-time, paid position at approximately 20 hours per week. We are looking for students who are pursuing a bachelors or graduate degree in communications, public relations or a related field. The Account Coordinator position offers students the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience and build dynamic skills to help you succeed as a real-life PR pro.
- Compile and send daily news clips to clients
- Draft and edit PR materials, such as press releases and opinion editorials
- Draft content and assist with managing social media accounts for CoreMessage and clients
- Conduct research for client projects
- Assist with planning and executing client events, such as press conferences
- Compile publicity reports and track media coverage
- Update and maintain media lists
- Assist with pitching radio interviews, story ideas and opinion pieces to media
- Assist with grassroots outreach for client projects
- Serve as the office receptionist, greet clients and answer phones professionally
- Out of office errands as needed
- Assist with administrative and office procedures
- Junior or senior level student pursuing a bachelor’s degree or a graduate student in communications, public relations or a related field
- Ability to commit to approx. 20 hours per week
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to start, manage and finish projects quickly and efficiently
- Strong attention to detail, extremely organized and ability to multi-task
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently and stay on-task
- Proactive, can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and grow
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Comfortable answering phones
- Reliable transportation
- The ability and interest to stay in this position for at least one year is a plus, but not required
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you! Send your resume, schedule of availability and one writing sample (ideally a press release or other PR material) to Sarah Revell at [email protected] No phone calls please.
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, January 5, 2016