Interested in Becoming a Chapter Leader?
PRESIDENT-ELECT (Board Officer): Provides support and performs duties as assigned for the chapter president and board and serves on the Chapter Awards committee. Serves as Chapter President the following year. (Ideally has prior experience in other chapter board positions). Attends monthly board meetings and provides monthly report of activities.
TREASURER (Board Officer): Manages and reports on all financial matters for the chapter, serves as primary meeting registrar, has bank signing authority. Prepares the annual chapter budget and provides state office with required financial reports. Performs other duties as assigned. Attends monthly board meetings and provides monthly report of activities.
SECRETARY (Board Officer): Creates board agendas, collects board reports and compiles all into monthly board meeting minutes. Records and executes all orders, votes and resolutions no otherwise committed. Serves as historical steward of past chapter records and performs other duties as assigned. Attends monthly board meetings and provides monthly report of activities.
DIRECTOR OF MEMBERSHIP (Voting Board Member): Organizes and manages member recruitment and retention efforts on behalf of the chapter and other duties as assigned. Coordinates activities of student liaison, senior member development and member social volunteers. Attends monthly board meetings and provides monthly report of activities.
DIRECTOR OF CREDENTIALING (Voting Board Member): Recruits candidates for Accredited in Public Relations (APR) and Certified Public Relations Counselor (CPRC) credentials. Organizes study groups, assembles review panels and supports PR professionals through the accreditation process. This director ideally has attained both APR and CPRC credentials. Attends monthly board meetings and provides monthly report of activities.
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMMING (Voting Board Member): Develops relevant and innovative topics for monthly chapter programs and recruits speakers. Attends monthly board meetings and provides monthly report of activities.
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS & PR (Voting Board Member): Performs all PR and branding activities on behalf of the chapter and coordinates efforts of the committee chairs. Attends monthly board meetings and provides monthly report of activities.
DIRECTOR OF AWARDS & RECOGNITION (Voting Board Member): Ensures professional recognition of chapter members and local PR professionals through Image Awards. Organizes nominations for annual FPRA honors. Writes congratulatory letters and performs other duties as assigned. Attends monthly board meetings and provides monthly report of activities.
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT RELATIONS (Voting Board Member): Supports the Student Chapter and its members while demonstrating the benefits of professional membership. Informs Student Chapter of Capital Chapter events, oversees the activities of Student Chapter members as they pertain to the Capital Chapter, and coordinates with the Scholarship Committee on any scholarships, both local and statewide, relevant to students.
VOLUNTEER COMMITTEE CHAIR POSITIONS
The following volunteer committee chair positions are project-driven. Each volunteer is critical to our chapter’s success. The positions are non-voting and chairs are not required to attend board meetings. Any FPRA member is eligible to serve as a chair or on a committee. Committee service is a great way to get acquainted with chapter operations and leadership.
Reporting to Director of Programming
- MEMBERSHIP PROGRAMS CHAIR: Organizes and implements monthly chapter programs during the year.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CHAIR: Organizes and executes professional development activities during the year.
- SPONSORSHIP CHAIR: Responsible for identifying sponsorship opportunities and pursuing appropriate sponsors for chapter events, including but not limited to professional development events, monthly luncheons, the Image Awards and/or the chapter’s fundraising event.
Reporting to Director of Membership
- DIVERSITY CHAIR: Responsible for working with the appropriate committees to encourage diversity in not only in membership, but also in topics for professional development and monthly luncheons.
- MEMBER SOCIAL EVENTS CHAIR: Responsible for planning member social events, separate from monthly programs.
- SENIOR MEMBER DEVELOPMENT CHAIR: Responsible for outreach to senior members of the chapter and integrating senior members into programs and initiatives by the chapter, including but not limited to planning special events limited to only senior members.
Reporting to Director of Communications & PR
- SOCIAL MEDIA CHAIR: Maintains the chapter’s social media accounts and work with the appropriate committees to post information about upcoming events, chapter accomplishments and other appropriate announcements.
- WEBSITE & TECHNOLOGY CHAIR: Maintains the chapter’s website, including the Job Board and the monthly program luncheon website RSVP function. Responsible for ensuring the functionality of the FPRA email addresses and will provide incoming directors and officers with the
appropriate email access information.
- EMAIL MARKETING CHAIR: Compiles, edits and publishes the chapter’s newsletter and curating an updated email list. Responsible for developing and distributing text alerts to members. Works closely with board and committee chairs to ensure timely coverage of chapter activities.
- PUBLICITY CHAIR: Posts event information on community calendars. Promotes events and members to local media.
- GRAPHIC DESIGN CHAIR: Creates and develops graphics for all monthly programs and specific projects throughout the year. Must have experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- PHOTOGRAPHY CHAIR: Attends each monthly program to photograph, edit, and send all photos to the Director of Communications & PR. These photos will be full-rights to the chapter and will be published on all chapter social media platforms.
Reporting to Director of Awards & Recognition
- IMAGE AWARDS CHAIR: Plans and implements the chapter’s annual Image Awards competition and event. Organizes workshops to assist those preparing Image Award entries.
- PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION CHAIR: Works with the director and the president to identify state FPRA awards or other professional awards for which the Chapter may qualify and coordinate the Chapter’s efforts to secure the awards.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE CHAIR: Organizes and executes public service activities during the year.