Senior Account Executive
Company: On 3 Public Relations
Contact Person: Christina Johnson
Application Deadline: August 12, 2016
On 3 Public Relations is seeking a full-time, senior-level professional to serve as account executive for the Tallahassee-based public relations and communications firm. The qualified candidate will serve as a liaison to On3PR clients, including corporate, non-profit, and political issue/campaign projects. Fast-paced, creative environment with some travel required. Salary is commensurate with experience. Responsibilities include:
- Lead in establishing coalitions in support of short term and long term client mission and goals.
- Identify media opportunities and strategies for clients while proactively providing clear, concise and consistent information to the media and other external audiences.
- Draft, distribute and pitch press releases, media advisories, statements, talk points, opinion pieces and letters to the editor.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with representatives of local, state, and national media.
- Assist with creating and monitoring content for websites and social media outreach.
- Manage press office archive of news articles.
- Manage and update electronic media databases and distribution lists.
- Minimum of five years of experience as primary contact with media.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, political science or other relevant area of study.
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communication skills.
- Experience in pitching earned media opportunities.
- Knowledge of print, radio and television formats and industry protocols, including AP style for print communications.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send your resume, cover letter, and three (3) writing samples via email to [email protected] by Friday, August 12, 2016.
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, July 18, 2016