Company: Florida Department of Education
Contact Person: Joe Follick, Director of Communications
Application Deadline: October 10, 2014
The Florida Department of Education is seeking qualified candidates for a web developer. The web developer will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to maintaining the agency’s website. Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing, adding and deleting folders, pages and content from the content management system controlling the department’s public facing website and intranet site.
- Analyzing webpage requests from department staff.
- Communicating with department staff to ensure content added to the department’s website is appropriate and updated in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all records posted online are compliant with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), making edits/corrections when necessary.
- Developing and conducting training on the website’s content management system and on other topics relevant to maintaining the website.
- Uploading and maintaining documents in the department’s document sharing system.
- Designing and editing graphics for use online and in social media.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in the following languages and programs:
Web design, HTML
Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Knowledge of the American Disabilities Act/508 compliancy and ability to check PDF, Excel, and Word documents to ensure they are compliant.
- Knowledge of graphics design as it pertains to digital media and ability to manipulate/alter images as needed.
- Knowledge of typography and logo design in digital media.
- Knowledge of current web file organizational methods, folder structures and content management systems.
- Knowledge and application of proper coding syntax.
- Ability to edit source code.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new tech systems as needed.
- Ability to use time management skills to ensure web updates are performed and completed on a timely manner.
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014