Web and Graphics Designer
Company: Florida Department of Health
Contact Person: Emily Roach
Application Deadline: March 10, 2023
This web developer and graphics artist position requires a creative, talented and knowledgeable designer capable of developing websites, as well as graphics for print and digital media. Experience with data-driven infographics and public sector websites is desirable.
The ideal candidate will operate within Department standards and be responsible for working closely with and communicating effectively with internal and external customers to create and update websites, create graphics and promotional materials, and have a proven record of providing excellent customer service. This position works within the Division of Medical Quality Assurance, which licenses and regulates health care practitioners in Florida, and is a collaborative member of the web and graphics team.
Note: We are realigning our team and currently are seeking two designers and a team manager (see related ad).
- At least 2 years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign experience desired
- At least 1-2 years of experience with website design and development (primarily HTML and CSS; PHP a plus)
- Knowledge of accessibility and web compliance applied to website design
- Knowledge of the WordPress Content Management System
- Knowledge and experience maintaining SharePoint websites
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics reporting
- Ability to use and identify proper grammar and punctuation
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to organize, properly document, and maintain technology project documents as necessary
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to work within a team
How to Apply
We will fill two positions from this application: https://jobs.myflorida.com/job/TALLAHASSEE-Web-and-Graphics-Designer-Open-Competitive-FL-32399/996867000/
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, March 3, 2023