Visitor Services Manager
Company: Destination Panama City
Application Deadline: December 10, 2015
- Destination Panama City seeks a Visitor Services Manager
The Visitor Services Manager is responsible for providing information about Panama City to the general public through the Panama City Visitor’s Information Center, inquiry fulfillment, and other channels. The Visitor Services Manager is responsible for coordination of volunteer and paid Visitor Services Specialists. The Visitor Services Manager reports directly to the President & CEO.
General Scope of Duties:
- Responsible for providing information in a knowledgeable, courteous, and professional manner.
- Responsible for assisting Panama City Community Development Corporation staff members as assigned.
- Responsible for responding to Visitor Information Center inquires either by phone, email, Internet, or in person.
- Knowledgeable of the Panama City Community Development Corporation website, social media platforms and current social media campaigns.
- Responsible for compiling and mailing visitor information materials in response to generated / requested leads.
- Responsible to work with, train, and coordinate volunteer staff of the Visitor’s Information Center.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating all events within the Visitor’s Information Center.
- Responsible for maintaining visitor inquiry origination lists for research purposes.
- Responsible to research, order, maintain inventory of branded collateral.
- Responsible for maintaining CRM database information to ensure accurate partner contact information, area event /activities listings, and asset listings.
The Visitor Services Manager will perform other assignments as instructed by the President/CEO of the Panama City Community Development Corporation.
- Must possess the ability to portray and project a professional image.
- Must possess the ability to exercise initiative, good judgment, and tact when representing the Panama City Community Development Corporation.
- Must possess a Florida driver’s license. Travel is required in the performance of regular duties.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate through written and verbal means.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and have demonstrated attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to analyze project needs, multi-task, be results-oriented especially in terms of selling and marketing the destination.
- Must possess above average to excellent computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Must have earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public relations, marketing, communication, journalism, or have commensurate experience in a directly related field.
- Preferred prior experience with destination marketing or management.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, references and resume to [email protected] Deadline is 12/10.
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, December 4, 2015