Company: Florida House of Representatives - Office of Public Information
Contact Person: Tom Yu
Application Deadline: September 23, 2022
The Florida House of Representatives Office of Public Information is looking for a skilled videographer to assist with shooting and editing video for the Florida House Republican Majority and Speaker. They will also likely assist in the creation or manipulation of motion graphics, script writing, storyboarding, and collaboration with others on projects.
Examples of Work Performed
- Shoots and edits video covering legislative events and other projects for the Florida House Republican Majority and Speaker
- Works closely with a team to plan and execute video projects from concept to completion.
- Can include scriptwriting, storyboarding, and motion graphics design
- Uses project management software to maintain scheduling, communication, and revisions to projects.
- Works with the House Majority Membership in their multimedia requests as needed.
- Ingests and maintains digital media files on an organized, shared network.
- Publishes digital content on various social media platforms including YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- We want to work with an independent, industrious team player who can collaborate and who can grow from constructive criticism. We work in a place where revisions are expected and frequent.
- We’re looking for a shooter/editor, probably in that order. You love shooting video and understand the principles of shot composition and editing.
- You can run and gun as a one-man band with camera and mics on a few minutes’ notice, capturing just the right shots for end-of-day edits. You care about telling the story, and it informs how you shoot and edit.
- Being excited to learn is essential to your success here, because we tend to wear a lot of hats. You Google how to troubleshoot hardware and software issues, pick up new equipment and start figuring it out.
- You know your way around an edit suite and are technically proficient. You have a solid understanding of NLE principles and can learn new software quickly.
- Experience with Adobe CC Suite, OBS and other streaming/capturing software is beneficial.
- Experience in a studio environment setting up lighting, working a teleprompter, getting a lav mic on a subject and setting the shot is a major bonus.
- Strong knowledge of the Windows environment is preferred.
- Motion graphics experience is a huge plus.
- Be ready to shift priorities and focus. We often juggle projects and have tasks that compete for our attention.
- If you have an awareness of the Florida political landscape, you’ll be able to hit the ground running with us.
- You’re a professional in conduct and attire. You’ll be working with elected Representatives, and you will be expected to be respectful, courteous and exercise good judgment.
- You are going to work extended hours during Florida’s busy legislative sessions. Punctuality and dependability are critical.
- $30,000 – $40,000
The Legislature offers a competitive benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in communications or a related field or completion of a program of study in videography or communications from a vocational/technical school, commercial art school or community college. Two years of professional experience may be substituted for this qualification.
- Expertise in Adobe CC Suite or similar NLE environment.
- Portfolio/reel link required.
- Ability to lift/carry 50 pounds.
How to Apply
Submission of Application
If you think you’re a great fit for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, reel, and completed legislative application to:
Office of Administration & Professional Development
Florida House of Representatives
402 South Monroe Street, 1201 Capitol
Tallahassee, Florida 32399
Or email [email protected]
Applications are available through the Florida Legislature’s website Online Sunshine and in Room 701 of the Claude Pepper Building.
Accommodation for Disability
If an accommodation is needed for a disability, please notify Human Resources at (850) 488-6803.
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, September 8, 2022