Summer Intern (Paid)
Company: Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers
Contact Person: Molly Kellogg-Schmauch
Application Deadline: April 7, 2018
Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers (FCCC), a statewide association providing local government support services, technical assistance, and accreditation opportunities is currently accepting applications for a Communications Intern. The individual selected for the position will gain real-world public relations and communications experience, build and strengthen professional skill set, and create polished portfolio materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the research, planning, development, and implementation of the FCCC’s communications strategies and tactics.
• Maintain FCCC brand standards and style guidelines across all communications platforms including print, digital, and broadcast.
• Create original, style-specific content for use in press releases, media advisories, legislative affairs materials, social media, talking points, fact sheets, reports, newsletters, and websites.
• Manage and update electronic media coverage databases and media distribution lists.
• Assist with video production, design, and other related projects/operational tasks as assigned.
Hours and Compensation:
Starting in May, the intern will work 20 hours per week for 12 weeks, amounting to 240 hours. The intern may earn three hours of college credit as well as a $2,000 stipend.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Enrolled at an accredited, four-year institution, majoring in communications/PR, with at least 48 college credit hours completed
• Strong written/verbal communication skills, understanding of communications/PR principles and AP Style
• Knowledge of modern media trends and developing channels
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and website CMS
• Ability to manage multiple projects and interact professionally with members and staff
• Knowledge of state and local government and legislative processes is a plus
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
The position requires the ability to work with a personal computer and peripheral equipment in a Windows environment. Ability to use email, the internet, and Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Proficiency in digital communications and technology (Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud) is required.
How to Apply
Email the following materials to Molly Kellogg-Schmauch at [email protected] by April 6 for consideration:
• Cover letter indicating interest in position, current knowledge of public relations and communications field, ability to meet stated work schedule and college credit requirement
• Professional resume stating communications experience, academic achievements, and related activities
• Two writing samples (each may be from previous coursework) not to exceed 500 words; press release, social media campaign posts, or similar examples preferred
• Two work/academic references (include name, relationship to applicant, phone number, and email address)
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, February 23, 2018