Strategic Communications Manager
Company: The Able Trust
Contact Person: Jill Marquez
Application Deadline: June 21, 2021
Are you a communications professional who is passionate about great storytelling, able to think outside the box, and desires to work for a great philanthropic organization? Do you want to be a part of a small but impactful team, enjoy a great work culture, and have the flexibility to work in a hybrid home/office setting? The Able Trust is seeking a talented, effective communicator to help engage Floridians with the benefits disability inclusion in our present and future workforce. This is a full-time position with great benefits.
Our Mission: About The Able Trust (TAT): The mission of The Able Trust is to be a key leader in providing opportunities for successful employment for Floridians with disabilities. The organization was created by the state legislature in 1990 as the Florida Endowment Foundation for Vocational Rehabilitation (dba The Able Trust), as a direct supporter of vocational rehabilitation efforts by state agencies and community organizations. The Able Trust has helped to put thousands of individuals with disabilities to work and has supported employment-related efforts in all counties of Florida. The Able Trust supports numerous workforce development projects and career preparation programs for youth and adults with a broad range of differing abilities. We support Florida’s business, government, and community organizations in our shared commitment of disability workforce inclusion.
As our Strategic Communications Manager, you will proactively manage TAT communications, media, and marketing efforts. The Strategic Communication Manager serves as the trusted advisor for all communications involving the organization including the development and implementation of a communications strategy and a broad range of business and marketing communications. This position reports to the Director of Development & Marketing.
• Collaborates with executive leadership and board of directors to develop and implement a communications strategy for the organization that builds and maintains a positive corporate brand.
• Oversees corporate communications and branding using social media, website, and print platforms.
• Oversees the development and maintenance of the organization website including methods to deliver message, ease of navigation, and clarity of information; ensures that all content is current and relevant.
• Supports the work of the development team through the design of social media campaigns, marketing support materials, messaging, and other related items.
• Coordinates with executive leadership to respond to members of the media in a timely manner; composes and distributes press releases as needed.
• Develops and maintains positive professional relationships with various members of the media.
• Assists executive leadership in developing presentations, speeches, and other important corporate messages.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent writing, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Highly creative with the desire to try new techniques and methods.
• Ability to utilize social networking sites to promote the organization, its programs, and campaigns.
• Ability to handle several projects simultaneously in a dynamic, outcome-driven, team-oriented environment.
• Enthusiasm for the mission of The Able Trust, our stakeholders, and the communities that we serve.
• Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity, and trust.
• Self–starter; ability to anticipate next steps; proactively take actions necessary to produce results; resourceful; creative problem solver.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field.
• Multiple years of experience in marketing and communications including design and management of social media campaigns.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint required.
• Experience with WordPress and/or Constant Contact a plus.
• Knowledge of Adobe products (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Premiere) a plus.
• Knowledge of video editing.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and writing samples by June 21st, 2021 to [email protected] with the subject line of “STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER”. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, June 3, 2021