Company: Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
Contact Person: Kate Doyle, [email protected]
Application Deadline: September 19, 2018
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, Division of Community Development is looking for a staff assistant to develop a variety of external materials and serve as a liaison to the Office of Communications and External Affairs. The candidate should be an organized people person who likes to work on a variety of issues.
THE HIRED CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING
• This position provides support functions for the Division of Community Development. In working with Director, Staff Director, Bureau Chiefs and assisting staff in the areas below:
• Reviews documents for correct format and grammatical errors. Works with staff to ensure correct agency templates are used and works with agency communication staff to meet deadlines for review.
• Assist Management in developing policy decisions and procedures to effectively and efficiently accomplish the Division’s purpose and fulfill the Division’s statutory obligations.
• Maintains Division mandatory reports. Coordinates assignments and create timelines to ensure internal as well as State and Federal deadlines are met and reports routed to proper management within set timeframe.
• Prepare report package and distributed to proper staff internal and external. Assist staff in promoting Division programs in Florida communities. Assist program staff in creating presentations and outreach material. Participate in trainings and workshops to help staff organize and facilitate events.
• Assist Division staff with coordination of special projects. Keep track of project request work with Staff Director to assign projects to correct Bureaus and combine data and information for reports to management.
• Serves as the Public Records Division Liaison. Coordinates with the DEO Public Records Coordinator on public record requests for the Division. Coordinates with Division staff on timely responses, responsive documents, fee estimates and redaction of confidential information. Coordinates with Communications on public records requests for the Division from the media. Maintains a complete record of all public records requests received by the Division.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments and to effectively handle multiple tasks
• Must have good communication and excellent writing and proofreading skills
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs
• Ability to understand and follow State of Florida procedures, statutes and regulations
How to Apply
Apply for this position at https://jobs.myflorida.com/job/TALLAHASSEE-STAFF-ASSISTANT-40000278-DEO-44432-FL-32399/505296900/.
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, September 17, 2018