Company: Department of Economic Opportunity
Application Deadline: March 8, 2019
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) promotes and facilitates economic, community and workforce development for all Floridians. DEO is working with our partners to implement policies that grow the number of jobs, businesses and tourists coming into the state. Our vision is for Florida to have the nation’s top performing economy and be recognized as the world’s best place to live, learn, play, work and do business.
A writing sample is required for this position. Please attach a writing sample (1-2 pages) in the Submission Attachments section of this application.
THE FOLLOWING KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES ARE PREFERRED
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments and to effectively handle multiple tasks.
• Must have good communication and excellent writing and proofreading skills.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs.
• Knowledge of State of Florida administrative and public records procedures.
THE HIRED CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING
• This position provides support functions for the Division of Community Development (Division). In working with Director, Staff Director, Bureau Chiefs and assisting staff in the areas below:
• Reviews documents for correct format and grammatical errors. Works with staff to insure correct agency templates are used and works with agency communication staff to meet deadlines for review.
• Assist Management in developing policy decisions and procedures to effectively and efficiently accomplish the Division’s purpose and fulfill the Division’s statutory obligations.
• Maintain Division mandatory reports. Coordinate assignments and create timelines to ensure State and Federal deadlines are met and reports routed to proper management within set timeframe. Prepare report package and distributed to proper staff internal and external.
• Assist staff in promoting Division programs in Florida communities. Assist program staff in creating presentations and outreach material. Participate in trainings and workshops to help staff organize and facilitate events.
• Assist Division staff with coordination of special projects. Keep track of project request work with Staff Director to assign projects to correct Bureaus and combine data and information for reports to management.
• Serve as the Public Records Division Liaison. Coordinate with the DEO Public Records Coordinator on public record requests for the Division. Coordinate with Division staff on timely responses, responsive documents, fee estimates and redaction of confidential information. Coordinate with Communications on public records requests for the Division from the media. Maintain a complete record of all public records requests received by the Division.
• Perform other duties as required.
This position’s advertisement may also be viewed by registering on the Employ Florida website at http://www.employflorida.com/.
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. (TTY/TDD 1-800-955-8771 or the Florida Relay Service – 711.)
If you think you have been subjected to unlawful discrimination, you may file a complaint within 180 days from the date of the alleged violation with either the recipient’s Equal Opportunity Officer, or the Director, Civil Rights Center:
• Equal Opportunity Officer, Department of Economic Opportunity, Caldwell Building – MSC 150, 107 East Madison Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-4129; or
•Direct, Civil Rights Center (CRC), U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Avenue NW, Room N-4123, Washington, DC 20210.
At DEO, we salute our heroes. We are honored to have the opportunity to support our nation’s veterans and their family members by encouraging them to apply for positions at DEO that fit their skill sets. Let DEO’s mission become yours.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
How to Apply
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019