Special Events Manager
Company: Capital City Bank
Contact Person: Brooke Hallock
Application Deadline: April 15, 2017
As a member of the Marketing team, the Special Events Manager is responsible for end-to-end planning and delivery of exceptional event experiences for our associates and clients designed to strengthen their connection to the brand of Capital City Bank.
The Special Events Manager works with all levels of marketing staff and is responsible for the tactical execution of internal and external projects. Associate must be a driven team member, process-oriented and able to juggle multiple competing priorities. Must be able to work independently on the creation and management of marketing strategies including sponsorship advertising, event design, copywriting and other marketing deliverables. Work assignments require well-thought-out decisions within established guidelines.
All associates at Capital City Bank have access to confidential client information, and must practice discretion at all times.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs events focusing on client experience and event objectives to drive business impact and maximize return. Events include: annual awards recognition, client socials, leadership team retreats, directors’ days, annual meetings, holiday parties, etc.
• Builds event strategy to ensure success, working closely with marketing and senior management to achieve desired results.
• Project management including budget management, revenue generation, accounting, venue selection, vendor sourcing and management, project plan management, event promotion, on-site event management, event measurement, prioritization and resolving issues. Works with multiple vendors and contracts, including caterers, venues, photographers, rentals, hotels, and transportation services.
• Facilitates production of corporate events including decor and visual conceptualization, timeline creation, vendor procurement and management, venue scouting, invitation and menu creation, and sourcing of materials.
• Oversees and manages event budget as well as corporate charitable giving budget.
• Ensures all events are branded appropriately and executed with precision.
• Serves as a liaison for the Bank with community organizations, playing a leadership role in the Bank’s community involvement efforts both locally and throughout the Capital City footprint.
• Reviews and coordinates large corporate sponsorship activities in Leon County area. Assists other markets in developing their strategic community-wide giving plan.
• Oversees scheduling for client entertainment experiences at Capital City suites, along with scheduling associates to attend.
• Oversees the ongoing activities of the Capital City Bank Group Foundation. Plays a significant role as a staff leader in the continuing improvement of the Foundation.
• Coordinates bank-wide public relations efforts including writing press releases, speech talking points etc.
• Serves as client service liaison for business lines, streamlining processes and communicating changes to associates and clients. Also coordinates annual client satisfaction survey, analyzing results and developing plan to address any service deficiencies.
• Manages advertising specialty items with third-party vendor.
• Oversees corporate fundraising campaigns.
• Implements a bank-wide plan to Surprise and Delight clients.
• Owns administrative responsibilities such as managing the events calendar, invoice processing, and maintaining individual event budgets, including corporate charitable giving budget.
• Requires 5-7+ years of experience in Special Events or Communications.
• Travel estimated to be 15%+ and could include weekends and after hours events.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Proven track record in event production and on-site event execution.
• Works well under pressure and deadlines, responsive and responsible in an environment where independent judgment is required.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• Creative problem solver.
• Critical thinker.
• Ability to anticipate and proactively prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously within time constraints and with strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and in collaboration with diverse, cross-functional teams.
• Excels in fast-paced environment and quick to adapt to the needs of the team.
• Ability to interact with all levels across the company and affiliates, including internal business groups, senior executives, community organizations and external suppliers.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Power Point, Publisher, Excel; Collaboration and cross team partnerships.
A college degree in marketing, advertising, communications, public relations or business is required.
Experience in related fields may substitute for the educational requirement.
How to Apply
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, March 29, 2017