Social Media- Journalism Internship
Company: Chiles High School
Contact Person: Misty Cash
Application Deadline: January 31, 2022
We are looking for a motivated, energetic individual to intern with us at the biggest high school in Leon County! If you are studying journalism, marketing, communications or have a love for social media, creativity, writing or graphics, we would love to have you join us with social media and community relations.
Key Intern Responsibilities:
• Attend sports events and other functions of the school
• Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
• Assist with the creation and distribution of content such as infographics, videos, and posts on social media and on our website
• Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
Skills and Qualifications
• Pursuing bachelor’s degree in relevant studies, preferably in advertising, marketing, journalism, sports media or communications field
• Experience with major social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
• Knowledge of social media analytics software, such as Facebook Insights to track audience engagement and campaign performance
• Experience with image/video editing software is a plus
• Available to work on at least 10 hours per week or more
• Vigorous attention to detail in areas such as proofreading
• Excellent communication (written, oral, interpersonal) and grammar skills
• Proven self-starter with ability to juggle priorities, manage expectations, and be flexible/willing to pivot
• Pass a criminal background check and complete District Volunteer Mentor Training (one hour)
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email their cover letter, resume, and/or work samples to Misty Cash at [email protected].
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021