Social Media & Communications Specialist
Company: FSU College of Business
Contact Person: Suzanne Barwick
Application Deadline: October 7, 2019
Can you tell a story using multimedia? Are you a creative communicator who can make stories about higher education, academic research, donor philanthropy and student success accessible to a broad audience? Are you a strategic thinker who can amplify the impact of content by shaping it for the right media channels to drive engagement and build community? Are you highly organized and comfortable in a fast-paced environment?
The College of Business at Florida State University is looking for a communicator who is a top-notch writer also versed in multimedia storytelling and social media outreach to join its marketing and communications team. As a social media and communication specialist, you’ll develop original content for different audiences including alumni, students, industry, donors, faculty and staff. You will be responsible for extending the reach of the college through a variety of social media channels. You will oversee editorial voice, develop compelling written and visual content, lead digital community-building, conduct traditional media outreach and run data analytics. You will be responsible for liaising with faculty and staff to uncover stories about learning advances, creating videos that highlight faculty knowledge and writing posts that illuminate the student learning experience.
This position is creative as much as it is strategic. Applicants must have professional writing experience, familiarity with audio/video production and image-editing software, and solid knowledge of the current digital/social media landscape. Successful candidates will be inquisitive and self-driven, able to plan and execute projects on a timeline, have good instincts for storytelling, exercise good judgment in making decisions and understand how to analyze and report on data.
Position requires some evening and weekend work in order to cover events.
• Maintain 25+ social media accounts to present a consistent brand identity and community
• Develop relevant content topics to reach target audiences
• Create, curate and manage all published content to engage various audiences utilizing monitoring tools (e.g. Spout Social)
• Create, maintain and serve as owner of social media content calendar for scheduling and event coverage
• Increase leads for graduate programs with targeted organic/paid social media campaigns
• Establish metrics and track social media initiatives to measure effectiveness and success and provides strategies for continuous improvement on each campaign
• Compile reports for management showing results (ROI)
• Research new trends and technologies and best practices in social media
• Write and update annual social media strategy for the college
• Serve as liaison to the university’s social media committee
• Manage the college’s five digital signs
• Manage the college’s app
• Handle any other projects as requested
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience. Internship experience can count toward the two years of relevant experience.
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
• Demonstrated storytelling/writing/multimedia experience
• Proven success in social media distribution and conducting data analytics
• Highly organized; able to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
• Demonstrated curiosity and the ability to bring projects to fruition
• Meticulous attention to detail and proofreading skills
• Strong MS Office suite skills
• Experience with various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Instagram), Sprout Social or Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Google Keywords/Adwords, SEO tools and Canva.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suites, especially Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and PhotoShop is a plus
• Graphics and video design experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the social media platforms and digital technology and have the ability to leverage current and future trends
• Excellent written communication skills, reporting skills, and advanced skills in conceptual editing, copy editing and proofreading
• Capacity to write and synthesize materials and communicate information in a manner easily understood
• Ability to synthesize data
• Demonstrated problem solver
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills in working with a variety of people
• Ability to work collaboratively with team members, and internal communications groups across campus
How to Apply
If qualified and interested, apply at https://jobs.fsu.edu. Use Job ID #46268. All applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information, which includes work history up to ten years and all education details EVEN if you are attaching a resume. The FSU College of Business prefers that all applicants attach a cover letter and resume in addition to completing all required information online.
Direct link to job posting:
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, September 27, 2019