Public Relations Manager
Company: Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy
Application Deadline: November 7, 2014
The Barbara Bush Foundation is the leading advocate for family literacy in the country. Moved by the devastating effects of illiteracy and the turnaround possible through family literacy programs, we are compelled to speak up at every opportunity. The Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy seeks a public relations manager to support branding, marketing, social media and communications efforts. We seek someone who can clearly express the power of literacy via the written word and messaging to our constituents who vary from policy experts to soccer moms.
The Public Relation Manager executes our daily public relation needs and must be able to prioritize project needs with radar-like focus, juggle between multiple events and projects, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision. This position reports to the VP of Public Relations, and is considered the content expert for the Foundation.
- Write. Must be talented writer and editor who can help craft our external and internal messages in must be able to write in multiple voices that capture the spirit of the Foundation in press releases, event invitations, marketing materials, annual report, blogs, newsletters, and other social media.
- Generate conversation. Identify and create story angles, pitch various media outlets and maintain important relationships with media, and key constituents.
- Supervise the development and coordination of all aspects (production, writing, proof reading, printing and mailing) of programs, brochures, signage, bookmarks, advertisements, direct mail pieces, reports to donors and annual report.
- Coordinate event opportunities, provide support and travel as need be to newspaper editorial boards, press conferences or other press events.
- Develop and implement plans for the use of electronic and web-based communication for implementation of public relations strategies.
- Develop and implement plans for high visibility speaking engagements and other public relations activities.
- Develop, manage and track departmental and campaign KPI’s and ROI.
- Manage editorial and internal calendars.
- Supervise the development of website content, designs and updates.
- Manage interns to support work.
- Provides assistance as needed to the overall marketing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of work experience in the public relations field.
- Must have the ability to identify and execute on media coverage opportunities with minimum supervision.
- Must possess the ability to function with a high level of independence and manage multiple projects to meet required timelines.
- Must possess impeccable writing skills, critical thinking, fast turnaround, patience and creativity.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with leadership team on creating awareness of the Foundation.
- Superior communication skills including interpersonal communication, written skills, verbal skills and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain a high level of ownership and accuracy on all work activities.
- Demonstration of strong project management and organization skills.
- Highly motivates self-starter who can multi-task and respond to changing work activities with press deadlines.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office software including PowerPoint and able to learn other platforms including social media, Raiser’s Edge and WordPress.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and salary requirements to [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, October 15, 2014