Public Relations Intern
Company: Florida Medical Association
Contact Person: Eric Carr
Application Deadline: May 29, 2015
The Florida Medical Association (FMA) is seeking a Public Relations Intern who is responsible and reliable. The FMA is a professional association dedicated to the service and assistance of Doctors of Medicine and Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine in Florida. The FMA represents more than 20,000 physicians on issues of legislation and regulatory affairs, medical economics and education, public health, and ethical and legal issues.
It is critical that a PR intern acts professionally, understands strict deadlines and knows how to prioritize work. PR interns are organized, self-aware workers who can solve problems creatively, use social media responsibly, and listen intently to advice and direction given by leadership.
Responsibilities may include one or more of the following:
- Silent Auction Fundraising
- Exhibit Sponsorship Development
- Program management and marketing
- Brand Development
- Media list development
- General and client-related research
- Administrative and other duties as assigned
To Be Considered For FMA’s Public Relations Internship, You Must
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Major in public relations, communications, marketing journalism or English;
- Plan to pursue a career in public relations;
- Be in, or beginning, junior or senior year in college
- Professional attire must be worn in the office
A onetime intern stipend will be paid at the conclusion of the internship.
How to Apply
Please email Eric Carr, [email protected] with your cover letter and resume.
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, May 13, 2015