Public Relations Assistant
Company: Vantage PR
Contact Person: Sean Welch
Application Deadline: November 30, 2015
Vantage PR, a boutique tech PR agency and winner of PR Week’s Best Place to Work in PR, is seeking a tenacious, high-energy Public Relations Assistant to join its Orlando team. This is a paid, full-time internship with an opportunity for advancement. The ideal candidate will have creative writing and/or PR agency experience.
At Vantage PR, we take great pride in our team members. Our people are the biggest reason for our years of success. In fact, our teamwork has been recognized by major awards including The Agency Post’s Top Press-worthy PR Campaign, the Stevie Gold Award for PR Campaign of the Year and Ragan and PR Daily’s Ace Awards for U.S. Agency of the Year.
Vantage PR offers a progressive work environment with talented, creative and driven teammates. We not only accept, but we encourage input from all of our people. We strive to provide great sense of community and collaboration with a healthy mix of working hard and playing hard. From our quarterly ‘time outs’ to our annual company-wide retreat to summer Fridays, Vantage knows the value of an energetic and comfortable atmosphere for its employees.
For more information about our company, please visit www.vantagepr.com.
- Tracking media coverage and managing clip books
- Preparing quarterly clip books for clients
- Searching editorial calendars
- Managing and updating client media lists using Cision
- Generating activity reports
- Researching trade shows and speaking opportunities
- Assisting with writing and pitching projects as needed
- Providing administrative support as needed
- Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or other related disciplines preferred
- Must have strong interest in Public Relations
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Ability to multitask, manage deadlines, and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Good attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Solid computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with social media is a plus
- Previous experience at a high-tech PR agency is a plus
- Creative writing and pitching experience a plus
- Previous experience with Cision is a plus
How to Apply
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, October 14, 2015