Public Information Coordinator/Social Media
Company: The Florida Bar
Contact Person: Francine Walker, APR, CPRC
Application Deadline: December 31, 2013
Fosters productive relationships and communications between The Florida Bar and the general public, the media and Bar members through social media. Works independently with general guidelines in planning and implementation of programs, uses creativity in message composition and in designing promotional and informational communications, exercises considerable control over expenditures and budgeting. Coordinates with others outside of the department and has extensive liaison duties at all levels within the Bar and with the public, media and Bar members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Implements TFB social medial strategy/plan and manages all social media platforms including: daily monitoring (replies to comments and messages); developing content, setting a posting schedule and posting; maintaining records of posts and providing public records reports when needed; working with website content manager to coordinate social media posts with website posts and ensuring that messages are consistent; planning and implementing promotion of social media to increase use and participation; and preparing regular status reports on TFB’s use of social media and participant engagement.
Coordinates and monitors social media use and policy compliance for The Florida Bar and all TFB entities including committees, sections, divisions, events and programs. Maintains security and access to all social media channels keeping a master list of staff contacts and user names and passwords. Ensures that archiving software is linked to all entity social media channels and working effectively. Provides assistance and feedback to entities to ensure appropriate and effective use of social media and provides technical problem solving and consultation.
Monitors trends and applications to appropriately utilize the Bar’s use of social media and recommends appropriate new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities. Stays current on new media tools, best practices and other organizations’ effective use of social media including other bars, the courts and law-related groups. Educates members, leaders and staff on the value of social media and
how it can be effectively used to enhance communications, promote programs and events and create online communities.
Other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Education/Certification:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications or related field.
Required Minimum Professional Work Experience:
Three (3) years relevant work experience with a minimum one year professional experience managing social media strategies. Public relations agency experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must have a proven track record in building social media presence and applying measurement tools, an intimate understanding of social media strategy and content development experience and experience with social network management systems.
• Communications principles and techniques
• Excellent written and verbal communications and strong editing skills
• Social media applications/tools and best practices for social media and electronic communications
• Professional office procedures and practices
• Demonstrated experience in developing, managing and implementing social media plans.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment.
• Strong computer/internet skills, including all Microsoft Office products and desk-top publishing/graphic programs.
• Working effectively in a multi-tasking environment.
• Discretion to identify threats and opportunities in user generated content.
• Work independently and handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
• Gather, analyze and confirm accuracy of data.
• Adapt and acquire additional necessary skills to manage social media and electronic communications.
• Prepare and present written reports and AV/computer presentations.
• Use discretion and independent judgment.
• Interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Manage and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Manage project budget and conduct annual budget planning.
• Sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone, and key/work frequently on a computer.
• Lift 5 to 10 lbs.
How to Apply
Full position description is available at www.flabar.org under About the Bar, Bar Employment.
Send resume and cover letter via email to: [email protected], please put Public Information Coordinator/Social Media on the subject line. Please notify HR in advance if you need reasonable accommodations to participate in the employment process. Position is open until filled. EOE. Excellent benefits package.
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, December 6, 2013