Public Affairs Senior Account Executive
Company: Sachs Media Group
Contact Person: Lisa Garcia
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020
Sachs Media Group is seeking a Public Affairs Senior Account Executive to join our team! You will work with a dynamic team of professionals to implement client projects and campaigns while serving as the point of contact for senior-level executives and clients.
Required: Four-year degree in public affairs, journalism, political science, public relations, communications or a related area of study. Must have at least three to four years of public affairs/relations agency or corporate public affairs/relations experience (including internships).
● Demonstrates the ability to work across several client teams and be considered proficient in drafting key messages, press releases, toolkits, talking points, and other media materials for key client accounts.
● Proactively identify storylines, develop media lists, draft pitches, and foster relationships with key reporters.
● Conduct research and synthesize findings in a compelling analysis.
● Serve as a project manager for key client accounts to oversee vendors/teams, tracking and maintaining deadlines and key deliverables.
● Support event coordination and logistics for media events and briefings.
● Develop presentations and assist account operations such as prepare regular reports.
● Ability to manage multiple accounts and support client and team activities.
● Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Software applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Responsibilities include the following:
● Ensures a high standard of excellence in all work produced.
● Manages relationships with clients and co-workers with a high degree of professionalism.
● Works with a high degree of autonomy with clients and members of account teams to conceptualize and produce deliverables that meet their needs with minimal need for revision.
● Creates media intelligence reports and campaign measurement/analytics to Agency leadership and clients.
● Tracks work to meet deadlines and ensure proper billing as work is completed.
● Understanding of the communications landscape and how various communications channels work (i.e. digital, print, social, and broadcast).
● Familiarity with the newest media outlets and experience pitching media across a variety of issues.
● Interest in public affairs and policy issues and the ability to synthesize technical content.
● Proven strong experience in writing and editing materials for multiple voices – including elected officials, CEOs, and other C-Suite executives.
● Strong understanding of AP Style.
● Proficiently use firm’s software platforms including Muck Rack, Mention, TV Eyes.
● Engages in effective media relations, outreach and pitching, tracking results, and creating and using media lists and editorial calendars.
● Coordinates and interacts with various media resources and contacts in a real-time, daily, weekly, and on a monthly basis.
● Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work proposals to clients
● Remains current on trends in public affairs and communications.
Job Type: Full-time
● 3-4 years of relevant experience in communications in a public affairs or public relations agency.
● Due to COVID-19, we are currently working from home, however, this position does require a Tallahassee, FL home base.
● 20% (Required)
• Fast-paced work environment
• Opportunity to learn first-hand from top public affairs leaders
• Drinks and snacks
• Collaborative workspaces
• Family-friendly culture
● Paid time off
● Bonus PTO due to COVID-19
● Parental leave
● Health insurance
● Dental insurance
● Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
● Other types of insurance
● Retirement benefits or accounts
● Flexible schedules
How to Apply
Email-only. Send cover letter and resume to Lisa Garcia ([email protected]).
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020