Company: Mother's Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
Contact Person: Kristen Allen (850) 681-0061
Application Deadline: November 13, 2023
Seeking enthusiastic Program Specialist to coordinate all aspects including technical planning and creation of core and supplemental drunk driving prevention programs and law enforcement liaison for targeted populations in the Tallahassee area. Responsible for all program administration including regular liaison and reporting, achievement of established performance objectives, development of programs to achieve objectives, and adherence to all program and/or grant policies and guidelines.
This is a hybrid position. Travel required: 50%.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure that goals and objectives as designated by MADD management and/or the grantor are achieved by developing and designing events targeted to accomplish specific objectives and providing marketing and outreach of the program to community agencies.
- Develop and execute prevention campaigns to increase awareness of the dangers of drunk driving, underage drinking prevention and promote MADD’s programs and initiatives.
- Attend regular outreach events in person within Leon County and other locations as needed
- Attend local coalition meetings in each county and collaborate with stakeholders in prevention outreach.
- Manage the implementation and logistics of adult drunk driving prevention and underage drinking prevention programs through the design and facilitation of training programs at the State and Local level. Organize and host orientation meetings, evaluation meetings, facilitator training, and facilitation of parent workshops and student presentations.
- Source and recruit volunteers, as needed, for applicable programs. Provide training, guidance, support, and motivation to volunteers and staff by conducting training meetings, telephone coaching, and on-site assistance.
- Proven history in fund raising and/or development of leads in an unrestricted capacity.
- Eligible within first 30-45 days
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% employer matching
- Minimum 3 weeks Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Up to 3 Floating Holidays per calendar year
- Paid Sick Time
- Modified Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered by Employer
- FSA, HRA
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field preferred.
- One to two years’ experience in work with the implementation of community awareness, education, partnership, and youth programs specifically related to community health.
- Previous experience working with programs helpful.
- Ability to speak in front of large or small public audiences
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically, and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions, and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
- This position includes non-traditional hours – occasional nights and weekends are required.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical, and organizational standards in job-related activities, at work, and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion, and compassion for the mission of MADD.
How to Apply
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, November 10, 2023