Company: Rowland Publishing, Inc.
Contact Person: Zandra Wolfgram
Application Deadline: January 31, 2022
The Production Editor is responsible for ensuring the editorial functions for all custom publishing projects are adhering to established schedules and meeting or exceeding the quality standards of Rowland Publishing, Inc. at all times.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine appropriate writers for all freelance assignments and be responsible for maintaining a healthy, well-rounded stable of reliable freelance writers.
- Assign and collect art and writing assignments to freelancers within budget and work with them to ensure filed art/copy meets goals and comes in on deadline.
- File and track all art and writing assignments using the individual project content trackers within Smartsheet.
- Collect and file all writer invoices for accounting.
- Work with Rowland Publishing’s clients directly to monitor progress — ensuring they meet deadlines.
- Copyedit custom publishing stories as needed to AP Style and word count.
- Write 2-3+ lifestyle stories per month as needed and assigned.
- Write display copy — cutlines and headlines — for all stories.
- Working directly with the Custom Publishing Manager, routinely assess priorities and proactively monitor all project deadlines to keep things moving on, or ahead, of schedule.
- Work with assigned publication designers on layout proof edits and the proofreading of all work.
- Create and manage all custom publishing editorial outlines per issue with directional input from the client
- Attend meetings with clients for planning editorial strategy to meet marketing objectives.
- Compile, rewrite, and/or edit copy for sales, marketing, and online use (using the Copy Edit Request Tracker in Smartsheet).
- Edit, per request and need, copy for proprietary publications at the direction of the Executive Editor.
More detailed job description duties and responsibilities will be shared during the interview process. This is a full-time position. Submit a cover letter when applying.
- College degree in Journalism or Communications
- Proven editing and writing skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Passion for publishing and hitting deadlines
How to Apply
Apply online here:
Submit a cover letter when applying.
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021