Company: Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy
Contact Person: Hue Reynolds
Application Deadline: July 15, 2015
The Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy, a national nonprofit, is seeking an intern to work in our Tallahassee office beginning in August, to assist the Chief Marketing Officer and Public Relations Manager. Candidates must be available to work approximately 20 hours per week, and preference will be given to those who can work for at least two consecutive semesters. This is a paid position for qualified candidates.
- Researching information and sources for a variety of projects
- Preparing reporter contact lists in various media markets to include print, broadcast, digital, blog writers
- Assisting with reporter outreach via emails and phone calls
- Tracking news clips/media coverage
- Managing and creating social media posts, tweets and monitoring accounts for daily activities – analytics tracking
- Maintaining Foundation’s website and updating content
- Assisting with writing, editing and event planning
- Handling basic office duties including answering phone calls, preparing mailings, copy and fax needs, book inventory and other administrative tasks
- Working with administrative team and other staff on special projects, as needed
Individuals with public relations coursework and internship experience preferred. Candidates should be quick learners with the ability to juggle multiple tasks on a daily basis with a can-do attitude. Requirements include excellent writing and organization skills, basic office skills, proficiency with computers and related software, and a general understanding of the real-world application of public/media relations, communications and marketing tasks.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resume and at least two writing samples to [email protected] or call 850.562.5300.
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, May 18, 2015