Prevention Services and Communications Intern
Company: Prevent Child Abuse Florida / Ounce of Prevention Fund of Florida
Contact Person: Jennifer Hartshorne
Application Deadline: October 31, 2018
Prevent Child Abuse Florida, a unit of the Ounce of Prevention Fund of Florida, seeks a dynamic self-starter to assist in the daily activities of the unit which is responsible for a wide range of statewide child abuse and neglect prevention efforts.
• Work directly with executive director and communications director to plan and implement a statewide child abuse prevention campaign and related activities as requested including gathering and analyzing of associated data
• Assist with updating and maintaining Prevent Child Abuse Florida social media presence, including developing and scheduling Facebook and Instagram updates
• Draft written communication materials (blog entries, press releases, talking points, etc.) on prevention topics
• Assist with the research and preparation of monthly Circle of Parents mailers
• Track and report monthly and quarterly attendance and demographic information for all participants in Circle of Parents support groups
• Create and maintain spreadsheets related to various projects and their associated products
• Assist with the completion of reports
• Assist in the training, technical assistance and distribution of resources, including program materials, to support groups and other partners throughout Florida
• Working knowledge of social media platforms and related online tools
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint and Excel). Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus.
• Ability to communicate, both written and orally, in a professional manner
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines
• Previous internship or related experience in social services and protective factors a plus, but not required.
• Enthusiasm for the mission to develop and distribute parent education and prevention resources aimed at helping children grow healthy and safe.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, August 24, 2018