Company: Florida Department of Children and Families
Contact Person: Jessica Sims
Application Deadline: June 15, 2016
The Florida Department of Children and Families is charged with a sacred mission to protect the vulnerable, promote strong and economically self-sufficient families, and advance personal and family recovery and resiliency. DCF’s Office of Communications is a professional team that represents the department and its mission to the public and the media around the state on a variety of issues and initiatives.
The Press Secretary is responsible for communicating the work and the mission of the department to the public and the media by responding to inquiries from members of the media, disseminating information to internal and external partners and the media, and aiding the Communications Director in the leadership of the Office of Communications. This position is also responsible for guiding social media efforts and assisting with prevention campaign outreach.
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least three years of related experience in communications or public relations.
- Proficient in working in a fast-paced environment and functions independently.
- Experience working with reporters from different mediums and markets and comfortable speaking on the record.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, and committed to communicating and perpetuating the DCF mission.
- Marketing experience is preferred, but not required.
How to Apply
Please send resumes and any questions to the DCF Communications Director, Jessica Sims, at [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, June 8, 2016