Company: Florida Department of Financial Services
Contact Person: Ashley Carr, Director of Communications
Application Deadline: November 13, 2015
The Florida Department of Financial Services’ Office of Communications manages the internal and external communication and public awareness functions of the Department and its agency head, Florida Chief Financial Officer Jeff Atwater. The Office of Communications is seeking a Press Secretary to lead the office’s media relations and messaging opportunities. The candidate must have previous on-the-record experience and a professional background in the public relations arena.
The candidate should be proficient in AP style writing/editing and have established working relationships with Florida-based media outlets.
Specific job duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and responding to media inquiries as an on-the-record spokesperson for a variety of statewide issues;
- Developing, finalizing and implementing proactive messaging strategies for the Department and the CFO;
- Drafting, editing and finalizing press releases, media advisories, and other media content;
- Creating content for the Department’s social media channels;
- Assisting the Director of Communications in developing marketing and public awareness campaigns;
- Monitoring ongoing news trends and distributing relevant articles to senior staff;
- Staffing the CFO for planned media events; and
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, or another relevant field;
- At least three years of professional experience in the public relations field;
- Must be able to manage time efficiently;
- Strong research capabilities; and
- Must be able to multitask and manage deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and at least three (3) professional writing samples to [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015