Company: Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
Contact Person: Emilie Oglesby
Application Deadline: December 15, 2021
- Serve as an on-the-record spokesperson for DEO and manage day-to-day media relations for the agency under the guidance of the Director.
- Respond timely to media requests, providing clear, concise and consistent information when needed.
- Assist the Director with the development and implementation communications plans to accomplish DEO goals and priorities to proactively keep the public, partners, and media informed about DEO issues and special initiatives and projects.
- Assist with public information strategy by researching and studying issue information; evaluating and offering communication options; establishing communication positions, audiences, standards and timetables.
- Write press releases, press advisories, agency statements, feature stories, letters-to-the-editor, op-eds and fact sheets.
- Assist in organizing press conferences, media events, groundbreakings, ribbon-cuttings, bill-signings, and other events in which the agency hosts.
- Coordinate DEO messaging by working proactively and effectively maintaining relationships with DEO Divisions, CareerSource Florida and Enterprise Florida, as well as other state agencies, partners, and the media.
- Assist in the development of any external facing document or presentation on behalf of DEO.
- Excellent writing, editing, attention to detail, grammar accuracy, and strategic message development is required.
- High level of proficiency in digital communications and technology (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Social Media).
- Hands-on team player with the ability to be proactive and work independently.
- Ability to provide information succinctly, accurately, and clearly in verbal and written communiques.
- Skilled in researching and obtaining information.
How to Apply
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, December 3, 2021