Company: Florida House of Representatives
Contact Person: Jenna Sarkissian
Application Deadline: December 15, 2020
The Florida House of Representatives seeks a driven and experienced press secretary to join the team in the Office of Public Information.
Among various duties, the press secretary will be expected to:
– Foster positive working relationships with members of the media. This includes managing and responding to numerous inquiries daily, assisting with information gathering and messaging, assisting with planning and logistics and on-the-ground support for media events, and creating and maintaining up-to-date media lists.
– Write press releases, talking points, fact sheets and other media materials with speed, clarity and accuracy.
– Maintain an organized record of statements, press releases and other media materials, and update the website with media materials.
– Monitor the news media and clip relevant print, digital, television and radio news stories and media outcomes.
– Assist with social media strategy, management, content and reporting.
How to Apply
Please email [email protected] with your resume and writing samples by Tuesday, Dec. 15.
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, December 10, 2020