Company: CFO Jeff Atwater's Press Office
Contact Person: Ashley Carr
Application Deadline: June 20, 2017
Are you self-motivated, engaging, and interested in a career in communications, public relations or a related field? Are you in Tallahassee for the summer? CFO Atwater’s Press Office is looking for a Press Assistant. The position offers students or recent graduated the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience while honing essential communication skills. The selected applicant will draft and edit press releases, design and execute graphics to be used on the Department’s various social media platforms, and will have a seat at the table when events are planned, media calls are discussed, and messaging strategies are formulated.
• Initiative and a can-do attitude
• Candidate must be proficient in all Microsoft Office programs, including: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Candidate must maintain a superior understanding of current AP style guidelines
• Preferred candidates will have experience with simple, online graphics software, such as Piktochart or Canva
• Preferred candidates will have experience creating content for and/or managing company social media accounts
• Candidate must be available to work 20-30 hours per week minimum
How to Apply
Email [email protected] with your resume and two writing samples. Academic writing samples are acceptable.
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017