Part-Time Account Coordinator
Company: CoreMessage, Inc.
Contact Person: Kat Bustamante
Application Deadline: February 8, 2020
CoreMessage, Inc., is an award-winning, Tallahassee-based firm offering full-service communications and public relations services to a diverse group of businesses and organizations throughout Florida.
CoreMessage is looking for a hard-working and motivated individual to join our team as an Account Coordinator. The Account Coordinator opening is a part-time, paid position that requires approximately 20-30 hours per week. We are looking for students who are pursuing a degree in communications, public relations, public policy, marketing or related fields. This position will offer students the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience and build dynamic communications skills.
• Compile and send daily news clips to clients via clips service, Meltwater. Account intern will also serve as liaison between Meltwater and CoreMessage team.
• Draft and edit PR materials, such as press releases and opinion editorials as needed
• Draft content and assist with managing social media accounts for CoreMessage and clients
• Conduct research for client projects
• Assist with planning and executing client events, such as press conferences
• Compile publicity reports and track media coverage
• Update and maintain media lists
• Assist with pitching radio interviews, story ideas and opinion pieces to media
• Serve as the office receptionist, greet clients and answer phones professionally
• Out of office errands as needed
• Assist with administrative and office procedures
• Junior or senior level student pursuing a degree in communications, public relations, public policy, marketing or related fields
• Ability to commit to approx.20 hours per week
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to start, manage and finish projects quickly and efficiently
• Strong attention to detail, extremely organized and ability to multi-task
• Professional demeanor
• Ability to work independently and stay on-task
• Proactive, can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and grow
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Comfortable answering phones
• Reliable transportation
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you. Send your resume, schedule of availability and one writing sample (ideally a press release or other PR material) to Kat Bustamante at [email protected] No phone calls please.
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020